[Gnu-arch-users] tla import versus tla commit

From: Anand Kumria
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla import versus tla commit
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:20:27 +1000

So I was helping my second to last user at my work switch over to tla
today. They did the classic:

tla archive-setup
tla init-tree
tla add...
tla import -s "..." [1]
tla commit -s "initial import"

Which I notice I've done pretty regularly on my own archives. Is there any
reason for the difference between import and commit? Why does commit allow
you to commit if no changes have occurred?

Regards,
Anand

[1]: tla import having -S and -s is a bad idea; perhaps -C,
--create-archive would be less likely to confuse. I've typed in '-S' more
than once.