Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbies should neither be seen nor heard

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbies should neither be seen nor heard
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:44:12 +0000

On 15 Oct 2004 09:15:03 +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:

> Cameron Patrick <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Why?  What's hard about typing {a <TAB> =t <TAB> ?  Or does your
> > editor of choice not do filename completion?
>
> Those who like the {arch} name for a directory are those who don't use
> a C shell, I guess.

You mean, whose who like the {files} names do not use zsh or tcsh.

As for +files and =files, the users of all shells unnecessarily suffer.

Unfortunately, at this point we should live with the Tom's whims forever.
At least, I hope, no new file name annoyances are added to arch.

Using ,files to indicate temporary files causes less real-life conflicts.
It does conflict with {file1,file2} syntax of all shells though.

Regards,
Mikhael.