Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: corrupt pristine

From: Olivier Bornet
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: corrupt pristine
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:24:26 +0200

Hello,

> > | corrupt pristine (failed inode signature validation)
> [...]
>
> Using a greedy and sparse revision library in a local disk (even /tmp
> if you like) would solve the problem.

At work, we have the case that many developpers use many differents
computers every time, with files in a NFS file server.

Using every time the same computer with tla seems to be ok with
pristines. But if you use tla from another computer on the same files,
this caus corrupted pristine.

Using a greedy and sparse revision library don't help at this time,
because we mainly need to setup a sparse revision library on each
computer. This is not really acceptable.

What suggestion do you have in this case ? I know that the best solution
is to use every time the same computer for tla things, but some users
aren't happy with this solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

                Olivier
--