Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: Bazaar

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: Bazaar
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:44:05 +1000

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 00:28 -0700, Robert Anderson wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
>
> >Hi guys,
> >     Canonical is now sponsoring a project called Bazaar. Bazaar
> >( http://bazaar.canonical.com/ ) is a long term user-interface
> >experiment branch of tla.
> >
> >As a separate project, we will rapidly redesign the command line
> >interface to make it as accessible to common-case developers as
> >competing solutions (such as subversion, but without the headaches),
> >while maintaining full compatibility with the GNU Arch protocol.
> >

> Are any of the ideas about how to do that written down anywhere yet?

How to do which ? (There are two things there - redesign the command
line, and maintain full compatibility).

For the former, I've put a strawman interface on the gnuarch.org wiki:
http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/BazaarMockupUI. Colloborating on that
is a good way to get an accessible command line interface.

For the latter, I think that careful review of changes is a key element.
If something changes the changeset format, or archive format, its
obviously going to run a non-trivial risk of GNU Arch protocol
violation.

Cheers,
Rob