Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal

From: Yann Droneaud
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:16:39 +0100

Thomas Lord <address@hidden> writes:

>     > From: Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden>
>
>     > Thomas Lord <address@hidden> writes:
>     >
>     > > Oh, it's monday.  Right.  We're supposed to conjure up a test
>     > > candidate this week.   Up for it?
>     >
>     > Sure.  What would you like to be done for it?
>

> Uh... isn't that clear (enough, typos-especially notwithstanding) from
> the process spec?  Try to follow that and ask me when you get stuck,
> please.

what's going to be fixed, to be merged, to be improved in for the
candidate release ?

It's very unclear on what's your working on
(Are you working on fixing bugs declared in Bug Boo ? which ?)

Since James stopped his work of integrator, I feel the development has
stalled, Jivera seems to work on his own, there's little discussion on
the mailing list, no report, no announcement of what's being commited,
merged, etc ... it's hard to see what's will be done.

We switch from bazaar to cathedral model without well defined, precise
and written goals.
Bug Boo seem to be a tool to achieve that (and the vote
system), but it's not used any more.

The new model did not encourage contribution because I don't see how
to submit them for review, when they will be merged, and if they will
ever be merged (the need for copyright assigment: i have no real problem
with it, but tell me how to complete it, and if it's legal to do it in
my country: you nead to ease the process and give information if you
want people to do it quickly)

So what are the goals for the next days, weeks, months ?
What have to be done, what's need to be improved ?

Where are we going for the next releases ?

(PS: don't pay attention to my english, correct if you can,
 ask me if you really don't understand ;)

Regards

--
Yann Droneaud (aka Meuh) <address@hidden>
http://meuh.org/ | http://sherkan.tuxfamily.net/~meuh/