[Gnu-arch-users] tla undo file

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla undo file
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:35:11 +1100

I tla rm'ed a file (actually, I could have rm'ed it, then realised I
forgot tla rm, and so then tla delete'd it).

The wiki has the following procedure:

For an undelete that works with all id methods, try

#find the current tree revision
currev=$(tla logs -f|tail -n1)

#ensure the desired revision is present
tla library-add $currev

#copy the library version of the desired revision
cp $(tla library-file hello.c $currev) .

However, here's my bash session, which clearly is not working:

$ tla logs -f|tail -n1
$ #find the current tree revision
$ currev=$(tla logs -f|tail -n1)
$ #ensure the desired revision is present
$ tla library-add $currev
$ echo $currev
$ tla library-file $currev
library-file: file not found in library
$ tla my-revision-library
$ ll
-rw-rw-r--  1 zen zen 947 Oct 29 14:37

Actually, just had an idea:
$ pwd
$ tla library-file src/cpc/css/ $currev

Clearly, the filename must be fully qualified, even when I'm in that directory.

In Java, it is very common practice to make effective use
of a hierarchy of "packages"/dirs to divide-and-conquor
large projects.

Another one for the feature list I guess - perhaps Canonical's
Works As Expected(TM) front end.

OK, another one this time (actually, this was the first one I tried):

$ cd ../../..
$ pwd
$ tla file-diffs src/cpc/css/
new file (not present in address@hidden/cpc--devel--0.2--patch-46)

Why does the file-diffs mechanism not work for me in this situation?

And yet tla changes gives the following initial lines:
$ tla changes
* looking for address@hidden/cpc--devel--0.2--patch-46 to compare with
* comparing to address@hidden/cpc--devel--0.2--patch-46
D  src/cpc/css/.arch-ids/
D  src/cpc/css/

So, if file-diffs doesn't work, will I need to tla add
this file that I copy in?