Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla undo file

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla undo file
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:10:29 -0800

On Nov 1, 2004, at 21:51, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

cp $(tla library-file hello.c $currev) .

and this:

cp `tla library-file hello.c $currev` .

The latter works in any shell whereas the former only works in bash (and probably some similar modern bourne relatives). Certainly not in tcsh or sh on my Solaris box:

disk:~ 501> echo $(pwd)
Illegal variable name.
disk:~ 502> sh
$ echo $(pwd)
syntax error: `(' unexpected

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>