[Gnu-arch-users] Re: community spirit

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: community spirit
Date: 02 Nov 2004 12:05:32 +0100

>>>>> "Jacob" == Jacob Gorm Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

Jacob> In this case I have to install two or three web browsers (that
Jacob> I am never going to use), kerberos support, GroupWise support,
Jacob> and various other stuff, just to get a (very fancy) email
Jacob> client.

This is mainly due to you installing binary packages. On my FreeBSD
box, my /etc/make.conf lists the options I want for packages. When a
program gets installed, it will be configured and compiled with the
dependencies needed by the options I set. In your case, you get a
binary suitable for "everyone", which includes every possible option.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam