Re: [Gnu-arch-users] issues merging changes from an external branch

From: Joan Picanyol
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] issues merging changes from an external branch
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:40:47 +0100

* David Allouche <address@hidden> [20041101 21:57]:

I thought it was clear: it was address@hidden

>       * You do not tell us what is the ancestry relationship between
>         your branches, which branch was created by tagging of another
>         branch.

Again, I was not clear enough :( There was no tagging (I didn't know
enough), I just started another archive with the WIP. The issues
appeared in trying to preserve the logs when "merging" back.

Anyway, I started over again. What I really wanted was that discussed on
the "Automatic Disconnected Operation" thread. I initially tried the
mirror approach, but I guess I'll go for John Meinel's proposal. Has
anyone tested it? Any insights?

tks
--
pica