Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: library-add w/o ancestor checking?

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: library-add w/o ancestor checking?
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:03:59 +1100

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 16:46 -0600, John A Meinel wrote:

> One thing I would say, is that probably 'tla tag' should be called 'tla
> branch' since that is closer to what it is doing, and prevents confusion
> from cvs users.
>
> Maybe leave in tag, but it can only be used to create tag-only branches,
> versus 'branch' which can only be used to create base-0 versions.

I think that that distinction is artificial, needlessly limiting, and
would add confusion + frustration.

> The only problem is how do you tell if base-0 was created with tag or
> branch?
>
> Maybe this is more for something like baz.

We've got a mockup page for the UI, something to sketch out ideas on.

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/BazaarMockupUI

As it happens, 'branch' is there already, to create branches [versions
really].

Rob