Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:12:32 +0800

Miles Bader wrote:

> > Arch can do single patch merges, I wrote pure-merge.sh ages ago (2 years
> > I think) which does precisely that, automatically, but doesn't handle
> > all the cases of conflicts that can occur. Andrew Suffield and I
> > hammered out the algorithm for handling those, but no ones implemented
> > it in the intervening time.
>
> Is there a text file or something describing this algorithm?

Historical mailing list archives.  (Side-track: A few days ago I tried
digging up gnu-arch-users archives to work out what the heck "pure
merge" and "prism merge" were - and couldn't find anything.  In
frustration I ended up downloading mbox files from various locations
and indexing them with lurker.  So now there's a complete(-ish),
easily searchable archive of this list at
    http://cp.yi.org/lurker/list/gnu-arch-users.en.html )

Anyway, the first post that I can see describing a pure merge
algorithm is here:

    http://cp.yi.org/lurker/message/20030525.000938.4f48d03d.en.html

Searching for "pure merge" or "idempotent merge" gives a bunch more
messages.

Cameron.