Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to rename a category?

From: Michaeljohn Clement
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to rename a category?
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:43:11 -0700

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 11:04:17PM -0600, John A Meinel wrote:
archive/foo--original--0
and
archive/foo--thenewstuff--0

That wouldn't satisfy me; every time I see "foo" it's a bit of cognitive dissonance especially now that "foo" is being used in reference to a new project. I just want it out of there.

If you absolutely must have the new project use the category name of foo, there is the possibility of changing history, but that is one of those very risky things to do in arch.

I don't have any desire to change history, but given the apparent lack of a way to rename a category at a point in time, it seems I must retroactively rename it. I see that "foo" shows up in quite a few places. Has anyone a script or any advice on how to do this?

Michaeljohn