Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:22:24 -0600

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:23:52 -0600
John A Meinel <address@hidden> wrote:

I have a branch of the current tla code at

address@hidden/tla--short-path--1.3

My archive is available on the supermirror at:
http://mirrors.sourcecontrol.net/address@hidden

<snip>

I run cygwin, and have never really had the need to setup Msys. If you have that, do you want to try compiling?

You need to use "configure --with-short-paths=1".

If you're interested, thanks. If not, no big deal.

John,

I grabbed a copy of that, but I couldn't figure out how to build it.
There only seems to be one configure script and thats in the libneon directory.

Erik

Sorry, I wasn't very clear (and didn't respond fast because I was sleeping :).

The easiest way is probably to build from a configuration. So you start with:

tla get address@hidden/dists--tla--1.3 tla-1.3
cd tla-1.3
tla build-config tla-short-path.cfg
cd src
mkdir +build
cd +build
../configure --with-short-paths=1
        (optionally --prefix=/usr/local or whatever)
make
make test
make install (if you want)

These are the normal steps to build tla, so I didn't repeat them. You will also need to have registered the official tla archive, since I only modify one portion of it.

So you will probably also need to
tla register-archive http://www.seyza.com/archives/address@hidden/

John
=:->