[Gnu-arch-users] Re: cacherev policy script

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: cacherev policy script
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:48:58 -0500

> In 'Archive Cached Revisons' from
> it talks says an optimal cacherev policy would be "cached revisions such
> that the sum of the sizes of changesets between any two cached revisions
> is about the same as the size as the [...] cached revision."

> I'm just wondering if anyone has implemented a script to do this.

Assuming cachedrev are mostly used to speed up the "initial checkout", and
assuming that initial checkouts are done in 99% of the cases on the latest
revision, the optimal policy might be to have a single cacherev, placed near
the latest revision.
This assumes you have the backbuilder, of course.

        Stefan