Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:24:05 -0800

On Nov 18, 2004, at 9:38, Stefan Monnier wrote:

I would say it would be as easy as building one that could run 'tla mv'.
:)

But if you use taglines, `mv' is all you need ;-)

That's not true. You cannot, without exception, relocate any arbitrary file in an archive with mv, even if you know that the project uses tagline.

I prefer tagline myself, but I don't really buy the ``mv'' argument because it cannot be made to apply to every file equally, whereas ``tla mv'' can.

This is not an example of tla being easier to use. To the contrary, it's an example of darcs being easier to use, in that there's only one way to relocate a file in any given tree.

--
Dustin Sallings