Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-1.3pre3 available, star-

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-1.3pre3 available, star-merge --three-way regression fixed
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:55:39 -0600

Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden> writes:

> Samuel Tardieu <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Why has the existing test suite not caught this one?
>
> Apparently it didn't test the code that invokes diff3.

This has prompted me to build tla-1.3pre3 with -fprofile-arcs and
-ftest-coverage, run the full test suite, and then process the output
with gcov.  I've uploaded the resulting .gcov files (along with the
output from running gcov) to
http://www.seyza.com/~mdempsky/tla-1.3pre3-gcov.tar.gz.  (The process
to generate this output was pretty simple, but I'll give instructions
if anyone's interested.)

My intention is for this to let people interested in writing test
cases to know which code isn't currently being fully tested and
hopefully submit patches to further flesh out the unit testing so
mishaps like this are less likely to happen in the future.