Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Splitting a project to config based

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Splitting a project to config based
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:40:32 -0500

Milan Cvetkovic wrote:
Suppose I have a big project BASE which I want to split into BCHILD and BLIB, each containing significant portion of files from B, say 50% each.

I would create a new project CFG with config files.

Should I tag BCHILD and BLIB of BASE, and remove unneeded files in each?

I'd recommend that approach.  In general, it makes merging easier.

Or should I tag BCHILD of BASE, since it is the real child of BASE, and create a separate BLIB project with same .arch-id files, as they used to be in BASE?

By default, I'd avoid re-importing files. Tagging is usually better, since it maintains history and ancestry.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology