[Gnu-arch-users] Buildcfg usage

From: Jérôme Marant
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Buildcfg usage
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:25:08 +0100

Hi,

I've been playing a bit with buildcfg recently and I'm facing
some restrictions I'm annoyed at.

- It seems that buildcfg cannot be run out of an arch tree
 (containing an '{arch}' directory). Since a config file
  provides all the necessary information, I don't understand
  why it can't be run from anywhere
- Also it won't accept relative paths like ../path/to/config.

If I'm not misuing buildcfg, what is the rationale for those
restrictions?

TIA.

Cheers,

--