Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees

From: Miika Komu
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:59:06 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Catalin Marinas wrote:

> Miika Komu <address@hidden> writes:
> > Our project (*) uses tla for storing a complete, modified linux kernel.
> > tla 1.2 is far too slow for e.g. commits and listing changes with the
> > configuration we use. Just yesterday I did a commit that finished in 15
> > minutes even with revision libraries (greedy+sparse).
>
> What machine are you using? Do you work over NFS?

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ with an IDE disk. No, I don't use NFS (at least
commits don't work with tla-1.2 on NFS).

Thanks for the tips! So, I guess hard linking to revlib is currently the
only way to really speed up tla with large trees?

--
Miika Komu              address@hidden          http://www.iki.fi/miika/