Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: rapid repair of corrupted revision library?

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: rapid repair of corrupted revision library?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:31:14 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:
In a tree I had retrieved with "tla get --link", I corrupted my
revision library by using a plain "cp" command removing the linked
file first.  I quickly gave up trying to remove the resulting
corrupted revisions one by one.

Arguably, you shouldn't have to remove those corrupted revisions yourself.
Since tla can detect them when it tries to use them, it ciould just remove
them itself and just go on with its work rather than complain and stop.

True, but corrupted revisions point to a process problem. I wouldn't want tla to give the impression that corrupted revision libraries are a normal thing. On the other hand, a way to remove all corrupt revisions at the same time would be nice.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology