[Gnu-arch-users] strategy to handle back-fixies

From: Andrei A. Voropaev
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] strategy to handle back-fixies
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:07:35 +0100

Hello!

I need an advice about the best strategy for the following situation.

I have an archive for the project. Another archive contains simbolic
tags (snapshots) from the first one. I have created snapshot X and have
been working on new features for snapshot Y. During the work I've fixed
couple of important though small bugs. Now my boss wants me to create
snapshot Z that is identical to X but includes those important bug
fixes.

One obvious (for me :) way could be to create one more archive, tag into
it snapshot X, do the bug fixes and then tag from it into the snapshots
archive. But I'm not sure if this is going to work and if this is an
appropriate approach. Would it work when I add snapshot Y?

Any help appreciated