Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Bazaar and TLA compatability?

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Bazaar and TLA compatability?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:32:26 -0800 (PST)

   From: Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden>

   Colin Fox <address@hidden> writes:

   > Is baz 100% compatable with tla as far as the archive is concerned? In
   > other words, if I've been using TLA for a while, can I just start using
   > bazaar, or do I have to start with bazaar from scratch?

   As far as I understand it, the only incompatibility between tla and
   baz are some command names, and baz has a new archive format, but
   maintains compatibility with tla's current format and you can still
   create archives with the old format with a command line argument.

Is there any reason to not merge the code for their new archive format
into GNU Arch?