[Gnu-arch-users] Tla and sparse files?

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Tla and sparse files?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:08:28 +0100

Hello All,

I am wondering how well GNU Arch can handle sparse files and how well it
could possibly handle them. Does anybody know from looking at the code
or from trying it?

I know that GNU tar (and tla depends on *GNU* tar...) handles spase
files if the archive is _created_ with -S option. I also know, that cp
by default creates sparse files if the source is sparse (= block count
< size) and can be forced to always create sparse files
(--sparse=always), but I am not sure whether tla calls cp at all and
with what options.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>