[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: Re: GNU Arch status update

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: Re: GNU Arch status update
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:13:12 +0000

On 08 Feb 2005 03:04:20 +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:

> I think tla delete and tla move should go; tla rm and tla mv fit what
> happens for most Unix people and tla delete-id and tla move-id remain to
> fixup any sticky problems.
>
> I'm not attached particularly over which (delete-id/delete; move-id/move)
> of these should be removed but I don't think having both is useful. My
> reason for suggesting that you keep the '-id' suffixed versions is
> because otherwise it is hard to distinguish what the difference between
> 'tla move' and 'tla mv' really is.  That makes tla harder for a newcomer
> to approach it.

It is possible that "move" should be re-aliased from "move-id" to "mv",
however I think it is good to have this complete list of 5 commands:

  add     (alias: add-id)
  delete  (alias: delete-id)
  rm      (alias: remove)
  mv      (alias: move?, rename)
  move-id (alias: move?)

I am not sure why people think aliases are bad. cvs and svn have a lot of
them and feel no concern for this.

Regards,
Mikhael.