Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Linux BKCVS to GNU Arch Script

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Linux BKCVS to GNU Arch Script
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:27:55 +0100

Hi,

I've been looking through your script at

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/BKCVS_20to_20Arch_20Script_20for_20Linux_20Kernel
and notice a few things:
* the script will not work correctly if `pwd` or the argument to -d contain spaces * rsync is, afaik, not atomic. I don't know how exactly this would affect the script though
* you can very well leave the 'Keywords' header line out of the log
* is the changelog variable in the awk script guaranteed to start with a newline? might be worth checking * the script doesn't work right (due to the home directory munging) if one wants to sign the archive or use sftp with keys * it will fail if you don't have a revision library due to using tla library-remove

Well, that's about it :) Some of these should just be documented, for example the last item. You might add a safety check to check if a revlib is used.

johannes