Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Configuration file versioning

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Configuration file versioning
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:00:47 +0100

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 10:31:47 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > you folks who use tla for tracking /etc; how do you handle the /etc dirs
> > of  multiple machines, parts of which are the same, parts of which
> > are different?
>
> Good question.
> Last time I did something like it, I used a mix of:
> - don't revision-control all files (e.g. maybe exim.conf would not be under
>   Arch's control, so they can be different on each machine).

That's exactly oposite of what I do. I (ab)used the names tagging method
so that all files (with few exceptions like mtab) are under version
control. I use it to keep track of what Debian is doing under my nose.
But I am obviously doing with little different purpose than you.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>