Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: MD5 is broken

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: MD5 is broken
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:43:18 -0600

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 20:03 +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> I was in impression that patch signing was created mainly for making
> trusted archive mirrors on untrusted hosts possible.

I've yet to hear a plausible attack against MD5 for use in corrupting a
trustworthy archive by tricking someone into using your mirror.  For
example, how do you propose jblack could take advantage of generating
colliding texts to hack the tla mainline mirrored on sourcecontrol.net?

--
Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden>