Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: centralized mail commit hook

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: centralized mail commit hook
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:46:24 -0500

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 11:17:16PM +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:

> > I already wrote a Perl script to handle the abrowse method, and I
> > don't have time to change it.
>
> Is your script available?

Sure:

        http://kochi.wisq.net/misc/scripts/
        http://kochi.wisq.net/misc/scripts/checkarch

But I make no guarantees whatsoever, and it's kinda old.  And you'll
probably want to turn off taint checking if you do anything useful
other than just printing stuff out. :)

In particular, looking at it now, I can't figure out why I made the
--since and --snap two separate operations.  It introduces the
possibility that a patch is introduced inbetween and goes unnoticed.
I think this even happened once.

Maybe there was some fundamental incompatibility, but (as usual) I
don't have time right now to investigate.  It was created for a non-
critical application, so it works for me.

Should be able to 'mkdir ~/.checkarch', then just run it, supplying a
fully-qualified archive name as the only argument.  The first time, it
skips the --since and goes straight to the --snap.  Subsequent times,
it prints stuff.  Look for 'Committed' and do what'cha like.

Someday I'll do a proper archive-snapshot version, I suppose. :)