Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Question about branching a subset

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Question about branching a subset
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:40:21 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

Hmmm I've never tried ReiserFS, but I've found ext3 pretty fast when working
with the Emacs Arch archive.  But maybe I find it fast only because my only
point of comparison is the Mac OS X filesystem which *sucks rocks* when used
in the same circumstance (a good 10 times slower).

This may be because the implementation of hard links under HFS+ has fairly bad performance.

http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/darwinports/2004-November/022708.html

Have you tried running 'tla changes' with pristines? This may be faster on HFS+.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology