[Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCEMENT] /Arch/ embraces `git'

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCEMENT] /Arch/ embraces `git'
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:58:29 -0700 (PDT)

`git', by Linus Torvalds, contains some very good ideas and some
very entertaining source code -- recommended reading for hackers.

/GNU Arch/ will adopt `git':

>From the /Arch/ perspective: `git' technology will form the
basis of a new archive/revlib/cache format and the basis
of new network transports.

>From the `git' perspective, /Arch/ will replace the lame "directory
cache" component of `git' with a proper revision control system.

In my view, the core ideas in `git' are quite profound and deserve
an impeccable implementation.   This is practical because those ideas
are also pretty simple.

I started here:

and for those interested in `git'-theory, a good place to start is

(Linus is not literally a "client" of mine.  That's just the directory
where this goes.)