[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] /Arch/ embraces `

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] /Arch/ embraces `git'
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:01:21 -0700 (PDT)

And, btw, did any of you advocating for more hash functions
notice the `#controversial' hack in my spec for blobs?

If, over the next N+1 years, we have a small number of sha1
attacks, my version of `git' will be relatively prepared to cope.

On the other hand, if SHA1 becomes so badly broken that *many* doicuments
can be forged, *then* it will become time to pick a new hash function.