Re: [Gnu-arch-users] join-branch and ancestry

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] join-branch and ancestry
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:55:13 -0500

martin f krafft wrote:

Maybe I am misunderstanding something about join-branch and/or
ancestry, but:

I have a category with three branches:

         /---> foo
 upstream
         \---> bar

I want to join foo into bar:

         /---> foo -\
 upstream            \
         \------------\--> bar

So I do:

 $ baz join-branch mycat--foo--0

How come the ancestry does not show it?

 $ baz ancestry
 address@hidden
   mycat--bar--0
     base-0
   mycat--upstream--0
     base-0

I even tried to merge the foo branch, and to commit before and/or
after, but the ancestry remains unchanged. Am I misunderstanding
something?

TIA!

You're looking in the wrong place. If you merge with another tree, that
tree is a merge partner, not an ancestor.
An ancestor is only generated from either a normal commit (in which case
the previous patch is the ancestor) or a "baz branch" (tla tag).

If you want to know what patches you have merged in, you can do:
baz logs --merges

John
=:->