Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with star-merge

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with star-merge
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:26:50 -0500

Ingo Buescher wrote:
Rob Weir wrote:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:38:36AM +0200, Ingo Buescher said

So the question is: is it possible at all with tla to have merges in
form of a net, where everybody can
merge from everybody and tla is smart enough to figure out, which
patches are already applied
(because of information in the wiki I thought this was possible) or does
tla needs a tree like
structure with one central developer, where everybody merges from and to?

And if  it is possible to use tla in form of a net, any idea, what might
have gone wrong?

As someone else explained, star-merge can't handle this situation; 'baz
merge' can handle more complicated mesh arrangments, though, perhaps
it's worth a try?

-rob

I'd like to give baz a try, but since we are using windows as our main
developer plattform I have to wait until a win32 version is available -
so far I was using the native win32 port of tla (version 1.3) and have
switched
to the cygwin version of tla-1.3.1 today.

Ingo Buescher

Well, once I can get gpgme to compile for cygwin, I'll probably get a
version of baz for cygwin. I'm not sure why it is being such a pain, but
I'm working on it.

So it should be soon, as in only a few weeks.

John
=:->