Re: [Gnu-arch-users] explicit-default command

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] explicit-default command
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 06:20:04 -0500

Aldrik KLEBER wrote:

Hello,
reading tla help online documentation I notice the command "explicit-default",
someone can explain me what this command do ?

Thank you

aldrik

It's almost definitely not a command that you care about. But basically,
every file in arch needs an id. There are different types
(explicit/tagline/etc). If you set an "explicit-default", then files in
that directory get an explicit id by taking the prefix supplied and
adding the name of the file. It's a weird explicit+names tagging style.

I don't believe it is generally used, though I think there are some
places in tla source that use at least the dont-care version.

My recommendation would be to not use it, and just give every file it's
own explicit id (tla add).

John
=:->