Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Using win32 and unix questions

From: Gustavo Córdova Avila
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Using win32 and unix questions
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:17:40 -0500

Deliverable Mail wrote:

I had success with the MS Unix Services for WIndows (SFU,
interix.com), also described in the wiki.  You get tla to compile
practically out of the box, with names as long as you like and
upgrades as fast as recompiling.  I specifically got SFU for tla, and
have an SFU shell open to run tla in it, when I need to.  There's
openssh/sftp there to get stuff over the network, and I also compiled
ssh.com in SFU.  I still do everything else in cygwin.

Alexy
Whoa, this is *very* good.

Could you write a bit about this on the Win32 section in the wiki?

What requirements do the compiled binaries have?

Can they be used without installing the whole SFU package, only using a shell, tla, and maybe a support lib or three?

-gus