[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes vs. baz status

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes vs. baz status
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:19:48 +0900

On 6/13/05, Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> wrote:
> > the last time I tried it, "baz status" had other random crap tacked
> > on as well (and mucked up the standard part a bit too for no
> > apparent reason).
> Could you detail a bit more on that point?

I haven't checked since baz 1.3.  I sent zillions of nitpicky bug
reports about that version  -- including this issue -- but didn't get
much response (my optimistic side hopes that somebody actually fixed
those problems and just didn't say anything, but I expect it's more
likely they were just ignored).

Basically I think it was that the "M  filname" style output was
gratuitously indented or something (which mucks up any script that
uses a regexp like '^[ADM] ...').

> I think "changes" should have been an alias for "diff", actually.

No.  It should just do what tla changes does.  Not only is that
compatible, but it's useful functionality as well.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.