[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes vs. baz status

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes vs. baz status
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:19:48 +0900

On 6/13/05, Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> wrote:
> > the last time I tried it, "baz status" had other random crap tacked
> > on as well (and mucked up the standard part a bit too for no
> > apparent reason).
>
> Could you detail a bit more on that point?

I haven't checked since baz 1.3.  I sent zillions of nitpicky bug
reports about that version  -- including this issue -- but didn't get
much response (my optimistic side hopes that somebody actually fixed
those problems and just didn't say anything, but I expect it's more
likely they were just ignored).

Basically I think it was that the "M  filname" style output was
gratuitously indented or something (which mucks up any script that
uses a regexp like '^[ADM] ...').

> I think "changes" should have been an alias for "diff", actually.

No.  It should just do what tla changes does.  Not only is that
compatible, but it's useful functionality as well.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.