[Gnu-arch-users] Fwd: not changing default =tagging-method

From: martin f krafft
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Fwd: not changing default =tagging-method
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 12:32:47 +0200

Dear arch users and developers,

In [0], I proposed to have vim's swap files to be added to
=tagging-method per default. I asked Robert Collins of bazaar as
well as Andrew Suffield, the Debian maintainer of tla. While Robert
implemented my suggestion almost immediately (at least he said so),
Andrew Suffield came up with the following response, which is all
too typical for him:

> The default =tagging-method isn't changing. Lusers can use their
> own damn editor.

My message serves two purposes: (a) could you please consider my
proposed change for the upstream code so we don't have to deal with
Andrew Suffield'ss atttitude problems, and (b) I just wanted you to
know who's representing you towards the Debian community. It's
hardly surprising that Debian developers prefer bazaar instead of
working to make tla better.

  0. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=309204

--
 .''`.     martin f. krafft <address@hidden>
`. `'`

"all i know is that i'm being sued for unfair business
 practices by micro$oft. hello pot? it's kettle on line two."
                                                  -- michael robertson