Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Deleting at archive I created by mistake?

From: Ollivier Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Deleting at archive I created by mistake?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:03:51 +0200

According to James Ashley:
> 1) I created my first archive with a couple of categories a couple of
> weeks ago.  Each category is an almost completely unrelated project.  Is
> it generally considered a "better practice" to split those categories
> into different archives?  From the little research I've done so far, it

I'm not convinced it is a good idea, it depends really on whether you want
to setup different access rights to each archive.  If you don't, just use
the same archive.

> Ah, I just found that.  ~/.arch-param/=locations.  I'm glad I didn't
> just delete the directory.  So what's the proper way to make arch
> "forget" that archive?

tla register-archive -d <archive-name>

That won't prevent people who have "tag"-ged from it of course.  For that,
you would have to completely remove the archive (rm is your friend) or just
block access to it.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- address@hidden
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 PST 2005