[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Generating *context* diffs out of changesets

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Generating *context* diffs out of changesets
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:49:57 +0200

Emilio Lopes <address@hidden> writes:

> Now I want to send a single *context* diff (generated with 'diff -c')
> generated out of changesets 40 and 42, ignoring patch 41 of course.

Not sure this is really meaningfull. What you want is a diff between
you and the uptream, which you can do by doing a checkout of the
uptream and a "diff", after merging from the uptream off course.

> How, if at all, can I accomplish this with tla?

If you really want that, create a tag of patch-39, replay patch-40 and
patch-42 and then do the diff, but you may well get conflicts ...

--
Matthieu