[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.3.1/cygwin segfaults

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.3.1/cygwin segfaults
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:34:26 -0500
User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)

Berni Joss wrote:
On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 02:05:11PM -0500, John A Meinel wrote:

If you have any problems, let me know. As I mentioned, the port is
generally non-invasive, so there shouldn't be much in the way of bugs.

I have noticed the great support you're giving on this group :-)
It is only two days that I am using your cygwin port of baz, but I'm
very happy with it, everthing I needed so far has worked with no
surprise :-)

I don't know how up-to-date you are keeping your baz, but I found a small bug recently, which causes baz on cygwin to hang for about 4s (at least on my machine). It turns out the pathcompress code was somehow creating a network name (//cygdrive) which caused a network lookup, which would eventually timeout (4s).

Anyway, I know have an updated version posted (it comes along with the latest changes from baz mainline). I'm much happier now that I don't have that hang. (It also means that make test takes 56min instead of 75min).

I noticed the bug in baz-dos-1.5-beta44, though it probably existed earlier. It is now fixed in baz-dos-1.5-beta52. I would have thought that the change that caused this would have occurred back at patch-20, so maybe it has been happening, and I just didn't notice.

In the process of trying to speed things up, I also created a C++ version of my pc-rmrf functionality. I no longer thing that was the slowdown for make test, but it's written now. And it has much lower startup overhead (time python -c "" takes 0.2s, time bash -c "" 0.1s, compiled code 0.04 on cygwin [on Linux time python -c "" is about 0.08, time bash -c "" is 0.007])

Anyway, just to say that I recommend upgrading to the latest version available at:

Also, you probably will want to do:
rm /usr/local/bin/pc-*
Before installing the new version, just to make sure the compiled code doesn't conflict with the old shell script.

Anyway, I thought I would mention the update, in case anyone is using it and noticed the same problem that I have been running into.


Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]