[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Re: Future of GNU Arch, bazaar and bazaar-ng ..

From: martin f krafft
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Re: Future of GNU Arch, bazaar and bazaar-ng ... ?
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:21:31 +0200

also sprach Aldrik KLEBER <address@hidden> [2005.08.22.1455 +0200]:
> the problem of baz  actually is the documentation, baz need extra effort on
> this matter. I migrate from tla to baz, and it's true that even with tla
> background I was a bit disapointed with the documentation. But bazaar itself
> is good

Sure it is, for the technologically interested or versed. But not
for the user who is expected to e.g. maintain webpages therein.

> > Also, I often end up making a mess of my repository and would like
> > to be able to commit revisions by cherry-picking changes/hunks.
> > darcs does this very nicely.
> >
> tla and baz too,  this is a natural way of working.

No, you misunderstand me. Imagine I check out patch-10 and make two
changes to the same file, which are completely unrelated. I would
like one change to become patch-11, the other patch-12. The only way
to do this in baz to my knowledge is reverting one of the changes,
commit, reapply, commit.

darcs asks you which hunks out of a file you want to commit.

> > So if I made two changes to a file, I can commit once and select
> > only the first hunk, then commit again and let it write the second
> > hunk to the archive.
> you can commit
> _  the full tree : baz commit
> _ a set of file:  baz commit file1 file2 file3
> or baz commit --file-list   list_of_file_to_commit.txt
> _  just a file : baz commit file1

I want hunk level, not file level.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; address@hidden

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: address@hidden

chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent, reboot.
order shall return.