Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch commit on large trees ?

From: Philippe Moutarlier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch commit on large trees ?
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:36:36 -0700

I am confused. I have created the revision library with sparse and
greedy options, changed a single line in a single file, and I am 5
minutes down my commit still waiting on "update pristine tree ..." with
billions of disk access so I can barely do anything else on my laptop.

OK , now it is done : 6 minutes for 1 file ? I know I can commit a
single file separately, but what about a directory ? It took 10 minutes
to add 10 files and commit.

Also, after my commit, there is a new revision but it is not added to
the library. Do I need to add it by hand ?

Does arch scale up to big projects with this patch applying mechanism ?

Thanks,

Philippe