Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: details, details

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: details, details
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 15:16:52 -0400

Thomas Lord wrote:
>>Man, check the mailing list before writing your FUD.  As I stated and
>>documented yesterday, baz and bazaar-NG were developed in parallel for
>>some time before it was decided that bazaar-NG would succeed baz.
>>That decision was made this summer.
>

> Yes, but when was the decision effectively determined.  That's
> different from when it became canon.

The decision that the bazaar-ng model was where the Bazaar team wanted
to end up, whichever implementation they used, was made last November at
the London code sprint.

The decision to use the Python bzr implementation was made sometime
after Ubuntu Downunder (where they reaffirmed the 'develop in parallel'
decision) last April.

Absent any other evidence, I think it's reasonable to assume the
decision was made at the Bazaar sprint in Brazil between the 18-24 of July.

> I think if you go back
> and look at, for example, rhetoric about the baz and baz-ng
> mission you'll find that the decision was pretty much determined
> well before this summer.

My impression was that they were eager to promote the model, but weren't
trying to sell a particular implementation.

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology