[Gnu-arch-users] Re: details is details, not punctuation

From: Anand Kumria
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: details is details, not punctuation
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:51:48 +1000

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 08:49:24 -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:

> I don't mean to be defensive about my "leadership skills" but I would
> like to be clear that I'm not too impressed with how that phrase is
> tossed around in the FOSS community.
>
> The way I see it, "leadership" in the FOSS community is celebrated
> in terms of who can attract the most followers, more than anything
> else.

Perhaps. In another reality.

It's really about providing feedback - any at all - to people who
(attempt) to contribute.

While most of the discussion here has revolved around other co-developers
failing to get feedback.  You've also left out the fact that user
feedback (via bug reports, etc.) were essentially dropped on the floor.

That, more than anything else, is why I switched from using tla to baz.

Personally I feel that once a project has reached a large enough size that
you have a few (i.e. 4 or more) contributers; feedback rather than code
should have a higher priority for any maintainer.

Regards,
Anand