Re: [Gnu-arch-users] an accidental book

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] an accidental book
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:08:40 -0700

Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> Why backwards?

Forwards it would be very boring:  project starts (yawn), fun
follows (boring), chaos and contention (hard to follow),
raving begins (hmm... but a bit far into the book), finally
moderately compressed summaries of the raving appear which
are easier to digest.

Backwards, that's thesis followed by evidence.

This is not to say that the raving was all that hard to follow
in the first place or that I didn't already post at least
sufficiently lucid versions of it elsewhere but... well in
terms of the end-piece to balance "Hackers, Heroes of the Computer
Revolution" and the like, the backwards treatment seems like
a good gimmick to me.