[Gnu-arch-users] Re: how to add comments to revisions

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: how to add comments to revisions
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:08:58 +0200

Mikhael Goikhman <address@hidden> writes:

> You may still use tla, that just works. If you are risky, you may use baz
> as well, that works well for simple usages. For more non-trivial usages,
> in my experience, it may periodically show slowness, panic exits and lots
> of small annoyances (input verification, stdout vus stderr for chat).

This is your personal experience, but Canonical is managing a very
large number of archives, and actually developed Bazaar because tla
didn't feet their needs.

About reliability, Bazaar development introduced some new bugs, but
also fixed a lot of bugs that Tom never fixed in tla. Try to do a "tla
get address@hidden/..." for example. Therefore, in practice, whether
you find tla or baz more reliable really depends on your user profile.

--
Matthieu