Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Maintainership, and whiners...

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Maintainership, and whiners...
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:23:54 +0200

   > Blech, all this "Tom sucks as a maintainer" crap irks me quite
   > badly.  If people think he did such a bad job, why can't someone
   > step up as a maintainer and try doing a better job?  Seriously, I
   > dare you all.

   Well, Walter tried in the past and ArX is the result.

AFAIK, Tom was already maintaining larch/arch/tla/whatever at that
time.  And ArX was simply a silly fork because of differing opinions
about various stuff.  So I can't say that this was tried by Walter, if
anything, it was James Blackwell who tried it in the past.  But the
past isn't relevant here, so lets look into the future.