[Gnu-arch-users] Replaying all project history results in conflict

From: Edouard Gomez
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Replaying all project history results in conflict
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 06:19:17 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with baz/tla. Basically i'm writing a tool to
export all my arch archives to another SCM, this tool computes the
complete history of a project (as a single dev line) and then uses
baz/tla to replay all changesets.

But this results in a source conflict after 339 patches. If i get the
revision just before and reapply the concerned patch, no conflict
occurs.

How is that possible ?

The script for now uses baz (could be adapted to tla changing
tree-version to set-tree-version) and is available here:
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/vrac/arch2hg.py

You can use my published archives to replay the history and reproduce
the conflict:
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/arch-repositories/address@hidden/
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/arch-repositories/address@hidden/
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/arch-repositories/address@hidden/
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/arch-repositories/address@hidden/

Any advise around this problem is welcome

--
Edouard Gomez