Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bootstrapping

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bootstrapping
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:43:49 +0200

     Alfred> I agree, but then you'd kinda need to ditch the whole GNU
     Alfred> project into a trashcan, and start over (maybe reusing
     Alfred> existing code).  Simply not a option, so it is better to
     Alfred> do this in a evolutionary manner.

   Isn't it contradictory to talk about starting over and reusing
   existing code in the same breath?

You skip words, this time it is `maybe'.  And you really don't want to
rewrite emacs; hence why you want to reuse some code.

   Anyway, this can be perfectly "evolutionary" and consistent with
   GNU's state.  We're talking about filling in gaps in the
   bootstrapping tower, cleaning up the configure/build infrastructure
   for core apps, and promoting a second configure/build
   infrastructure for other apps.

Alas, package-framework is not evolutionary at all.