[Gnu-arch-users] revc archive storage format

From: Eric Wong
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] revc archive storage format
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:07:03 -0700

If work were to continue on revc (and I really hope it does even though
I can't afford to fund it), I'd like to see it moved to an archive
format that:
        1. does not rely on binary metadata formats
        2. uses gzip instead of raw zlib compression

Since most files are pretty small, I highly doubt that any performance
gains by using raw zlib or a binary metadata format would have a
noticeable impact on performance.

I (and I suspect many Arch users) really like the transparent and
orthogonal aspects of Arch, and would like to see Arch 2.0 continue that

Eric Wong